1. Apply full bomb-proof hair and make-up in record time. No 3-4 hours stereotype to get ready over here. Okay, lets get real...it taught me everything about applying makeup and then all the extras.
2. Stand on a variety of surfaces barefoot at any temperature!! I have always been a barefoot kind of gal. This just makes it so much easier for me and a great excuse.
3. Pack a suitcase or carry-on within an inch of capacity and TSA regulations. This comes in handy all the time. It also has helped me learn a bunch of wonderful airport tricks like bringing an empty water bottle.
4. Snaz up any outfit with a well-placed accessory or sparkle.
5. Find the best travel deals & arrange travel for the most crazy requirements. You need to get where? When? and then go where with who? No problem.
7. Listening to the same song 10,000 times without jumping off a bridge. Bring it on radio station that only plays the same five songs.
8. Get down or up stairs in long skirts
9. Staying warm...winter has got nothing on me....can you say shimmies and yoga breathing?
10. Be a master of the quick change in any space or circumstance.
11. Edit music to my liking....or photos, website, costumes...you name it I have or will have learned to fix it.
12. Basic sewing skills. Remember those? May I stress the word basic. I am working on learning more but its a dying art.
13. Handle people doing stupid things in my personal space in public. Thought it is more fun where there is a sword around.
14. Make the most of any positive moment. A lot of my friends and family live all over the country. I have learning to make the most out of any chance I get to see them.
15. Be a multi-tasking queen. Well I was already pretty familiar with that but belly dance has really forced me to hone my skill set.
What are your belly dance everyday skills? Share them below or on this Long Island professional belly dancer's fan page!
Tips, Tricks and Life of a Long Island Entertainer