I think a Girls Night Out is quite a common solution for many on Valentine’s Day. For me personally I love getting to spend a girl’s night with my friends, especially as I don’t get to spend quality time with them often. I do tend to prefer the opposite of a girls night out though…which is a girls night in! Wither out or in, sometimes it is difficult to think of what to do that is different or special, so I thought I would share a few ideas that definitely work.
Every group of ladies is different so there is no one magic formula or suggestion that will suit everyone. On Long Island, some ladies like going to the movies, to the spa, or out to dinner. Others like to stay in and chitchat…but there is almost always wine and good casual fun. You may be wondering at this point what any of this has to do with a belly dance blog, and there is a point, I swear!
As I mentioned earlier, while you are excited to be getting together there is the classic pitfall of how to change up your girls night in (or out) and finding things to do, especially when it’s a “holiday”. Here are some great belly dance themed ideas to add to your Valentine’s Day party (and they come with an extra “for dancers” upgraded version), and yes the wine is a must!
1. Getting down with your inner 5 year old. Do a little dress up or use your make-up to create your best “belly dancer”/”Arabian nights” face!
Belly dancer upgrade: open up your closet and put together your best and worst Belly dancer looks.
2. Make the party Mediterranean or Arabian nights themed: add cushions and drapery around your living room, get some themed snacks or food and let some Arabic music play in the background. Simple but classic.
3. Watch a belly dance themed movie! Whatever Lola Wants is a great one if you don’t know where to start.
Belly dancer upgrade: Watch a show dvd, a documentary or a belly dance movie…we all know you have them stashed away. Even if it’s a silly campy movie, it is your night to poke fun at yourself.
4. Act out your favorite clips! Peruse YouTube and get up and try your best. Don’t forget to strike your most divalicious glamazon poses.
Belly dancer upgrade: Charades time! Take turns mimicking famous dancers and see who can get the most right, do the best or the funniest impression. Or play the evil mimic game: take turns creating crazy layers and combinations and see which of your friends you can stump.
5. Have a belly dancer at your party! You can have a belly dancer come teach your group a lesson and learn some classic belly dance moves to use all night long, perform or a combination of both. These are always some of my favorite parties to perform at, to learn how to have me bellydance at your girls night in Long Island please visit my HIRE or CONTACT page.
Have your own belly dance twists to add? Leave them in the comments below! Or chime in with your favorite Things to Do on Valentines Day.
Tips, Tricks and Life of a Long Island Entertainer